We spend a lot of time here learning about Honduran culture, eating Honduran food, and celebrating the Honduran way, but Thanksgiving Day was a time to share a little bit of life in the U.S. with our friends and neighbors here. Here are few snapshots of the festivities:
Here I am trying to catch the Thanksgiving turkey. MMMM...tasty!
Just kidding, we bought frozen turkey, and this lucky bird lived to see another day (oblivious to the fact that thousands upon thousands of his feathered brethren north of the border are being mercilessly slaughtered in the name of gratitude).
Here I am with the 15 pies (apple and pumpkin) that I helped make. 15 pies for 80 people...bunch of lightweights! (Pictured: Erin Lucia and Sheena)
It wouldn't be an American Thanksgiving without some Futbol Americano--Pilgrims V. Indians. Believe it or not, I could throw the old pigskin better than anyone else on my team, so I was elected quarterback. I even ran the ball into the goal and scored a homerun. Oh how I love the old gridiron!
Rolls courtesy of Sara: One of my very favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner.
Well, as you can see we had it all--the turkey, the pies, the football. All we were missing was the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and a comfy couch. (Oh yeah, I also really missed guessing which pies David Letterman's mom made). I definitely missed being home for Thanksgiving, but it was a good one nonetheless. I hope everyone had a happy and satisfying Turkey Day!


Dave's mom wasn't on this year...so at least you didn't miss that!
ReplyDeleteI heard. What a shame!
ReplyDelete